Sunday, June 27, 2010

8 miles

Today I ran 8 miles. I ran 8 miles one time with Blake last year. My experience this time was very different! 1. Blake was at home with the girls. 2. I have a sore hip that made it so I couldn't run like last Sunday. 3. I still did it!

Last year I would have used my sore hip as an excuse not to run. This year I am training for the San Fransisco half marathon and I only have 4 weeks left to train! No excuses and I want & need to run as many miles as I can before the marathon!

Besides the pain and being a whole minute slower than I was last week, I enjoyed my run. I enjoy the time to myself. It helps me to feel good & the only thing I have to worry about is making to the end. All of life just pauses until my run is over.

I am proud of myself for running. It is not something many people do or even want to do. I would never have thought in December of 2008 that I would have had a baby and 16 weeks later I would be running a half marathon!!!

I could never have gotten to this point without my family! I love Blake, Emma, Sara & Faith so very much!



1 comment:

  1. I love Blake, Emma, Sara & Faith too! What great support! 16 weeks!!?!! WOW :) I love your posts. Only 5 more miles and your there!

    ReplyDelete