Sunday, June 20, 2010

7 miles

Today I ran 7 miles. It has been a year since I have done that! I distinctly remember running it. I ran by myself while Blake drove and gave me water and Gatorade at stops.

The biggest thing I remember though is how I felt about running! Last year I ran and I don't think I ever enjoyed it. I knew I needed to and I loved the sense of accomplishment after I ran. Blake ran with me a couple of times and he was so sweet it help me but I wasn't nice at all. It was hard and I couldn't talk, I just had to focus.

My run today was very different. I wasn't nervous about the run. I really can say I enjoyed it. I even felt like I could have chatted along the way! Faith was born 11 weeks ago and I am already up to 7 miles. The farthest I ever ran was 8 and it was pure torture. But i can't wait to run 8 next week.

I really don't know what changed other than having Faith. But I am glad it did. I may not be fast but I can say I am a runner! My average pace was at 12:38. That is awesome because I want to run my first half in San fransisco in 2hr 45 min. And 12:45 is the pace! So excited! I am already there so maybe I will be faster in 5 weeks!



No comments:

Post a Comment