Friday, June 4, 2010

My running blog

I decided that I wanted to keep a running journal. I keep a paper journal for my thoughts on me. But I wanted to keep a blog to inspire me to run, loose weight, and do all I want and need to do in life. I want to be 180 lbs by Faith's blessing, which is July 18th. My goal is to get to 150lbs. I am training for the Mother Road Half Marathon on 10-10-10. Blake is going to run it with me. He is such an inspiration to me. He works so hard to be the best he can be. The girls love their dad and watch to see what he is going to do next!

Our life together has been crazy, but we have each other! We have had our good times and our bad times, and all we have done is grown closer with every trial. I enjoy running because it makes me feel good about myself. I feel such an accomplishment when I get done. It is definitely not the easiest thing I have ever done. I just wish I would have done it a long time ago. But I didn't and here I am. I have lost 30 of the 50lbs I gained when I was pregnant with Faith. So now I need to work on the last 20. I can and I will do it.

My children inspire me to be better. I look at them and I want to have the energy to run and play with them. I want to be able to chase them around without being winded. I am so grateful to Blake who decided he was done being fat. I know some people have a problem with that word, but when you have left it behind, saying it is a thing of the past! I will NEVER be 230 lbs again! I will never be 205lbs again! Soon I can say I will never be over 200lbs!!!

1 comment:

  1. Starting a blog is one of the greatest things you can do to commit your self to doing something. Keep up the great work. With the inspiration of your children and the motivation from your husband you will accomplish many things. Good luck on your journey to a healthier lifestyle. I heart running as well, it keeps me sane:)

    ReplyDelete