Sunday, July 25, 2010

I'm a half marathoner!!!




I ran my first half this morning. The day started with Blake leaving for his marathon. Sara was awake at 4am, and couldn't go back to sleep. I laid by her, and she finally fell asleep. Then Faith woke up to eat. During this time I was sleepy but mostly ready to go. I fed Faith and "rested my eyes" while she ate. She got done at 6:10 and I needed to leave by 6:30. So with Vicki's help, I did.

I got to the bus that would take me to my start line in Golden Gate Park. I met Jamie. She is from Anehiem, and lives next to Disneyland. She was a nice lady and was fun to talk with. We stayed together until the race started. She was walking & I was running.

While we were waiting for our wave to start, we watched for Blake. The marathoners ran right by us. I was watching and found him. I waved and when he got closer he came and gave me a kiss! It is just what I needed! I had never run my first race by myself. I was so nervous. But when I saw him, I knew I could do it!

My plan was to run a 2hr 45 min half marathon. Which means I would run 12min 35sec miles. Well I started running and I was running 11:45. I thought my watch was broken!!! I ran that the whole way. I felt awesome. I didn't get sore until the last 3 miles. The Golden Gate Park was beautiful! It was a wonderful way to see San Francisco! So my time on my watch was 2:35! That's 10 minutes faster than my goal!

I am a very blessed woman! God has given me three beautiful and healthy daughters, and a husband who loves, supports & pushes me! I am so grateful to both Blake's family and my family, who cheer us on and make it possible for us to do what we have come to love...Running! I am truly grateful for all of my blessings!!!!

2 comments:

  1. You CRUSHED IT!!!

    That is all I have to say 8) Wow.

    And how wonderful it is to do this amazing adventure with the presence of your love ones.

    ReplyDelete
  2. congrats. one day i'll run a half too!

    ReplyDelete