Sunday, July 4, 2010

10 miles!!!

I did it! I ran 10 miles this morning! This 193lb, 33 year old woman did it!!! I got up at 4 and then left at 5am. I am thankful for having my own coach that lives with me! I couldn't do it without Blake. He gets up with me and gets me all ready to go. It takes most of the nerves away!

Last Sunday I ran 8 and I was tired but it felt pretty easy. This week my legs felt like I my thighs were made of stone! It started at mile 6. I really didn't know if I would physically do it. Mentally I would NOT let myself stop, even though I really really wanted to! My fear was that if I did stop, that I would not be able to finish.

I realized I have NEVER EVER purposely put myself through that much pain! But I also realized I was mentally stronger than I ever realized. And during this last month, that is something I needed to realize!

I am so blessed to have a wonderful husband and that he is my best friend. I have three beautiful girls that are so sweet and loving! I am grateful for all I have!

I DID IT!!!!!

P.S. Next week is 12! Ahhhhhh:)





2 comments:

  1. That is awesome! It seems like just yesterday you were proud to do 5 miles!

    San Fran here we come baby!
    Jeanette (a.k.a. @jrockmia)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Congrats! That's a great accomplishment and there will be more to come! Keep believing!

    ReplyDelete