Sunday, August 29, 2010

14 miler

Today I ran 14 miles, my longest run ever! It was a balmy 73 degrees. If you don't know much about running, 73 is hot! 55 degrees is the ideal temperature to run.

Normally I would have been excited for 73 since it has been hot, but this week it got down below 60! So I had some awesome runs this week! Which kind of made this run hard.

When it is cooler running is fun and exciting for me. When it is warm, it is hard and sometimes grueling!!! So I need to be grateful for those times when it is a joy and get through the ones that aren't.

I guess that is why running is quite often compared to life! There are so many similarities! Enjoy the good times and remember them when you are going through the bad!



2 comments:

  1. Hey there! we've missed you guys on Twitter! glad to see all is well w running & your beautiful family! Keep up the great work!

    ReplyDelete